Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Andrew carnegie philanthropy essay

Andrew carnegie philanthropy essay

Mar/Sat/2018 | Uncategorized

Andrew Carnegie – Carnegie Medal of Philanthropy

Andrew carnegie philanthropy essay

Write My Research Paper for Me -
Andrew Carnegie | The Philanthropy Hall of Fame | The Philanthropy

Australian English in the twentieth century. Australian English differs from other Englishes primarily in its accent and vocabulary. The major features of the accent were established by the 1830s. In the philanthropy period between colonial settlement (1788) and the 1830s, when the foundation accent was being forged, new lexical items to describe the criminal justice annotated bibliography topics new environment, especially its flora and fauna, were developed either from Aboriginal languages ( coolibah , wombat , wallaby , waratah , and so on) or from the ‘transported’ English word stock ( native bear , wild cherry , and so on). Many more vocabulary items were later added in response to the nineteenth-century process of settlement and pastoral expansion. All of this seems at once predictable and inevitable—this is the way a colonial society imposes its linguistic footprint on a subjected land. Pronunciation: cultivated, broad, and general Australian. And then, at the end of the carnegie essay nineteenth century, something curious and largely unpredictable happened to army essayons song Australian English. In response to a newly-developed concept of Received Pronunciation in Britain, which was closely tied to notions of social prestige, some Australian speakers modified their vowels and diphthongs in andrew philanthropy order to gasification thesis move them towards the British exemplars. Andrew Carnegie Philanthropy. From the 1890s, and well into the 1950s, elocution was in a essay the air, and elocution teachers found a ready market for the teaching of British vowels and diphthongs to the socially-aspirational classes. This modified form of Australian speech came to be called Cultivated Australian.

As if in response against this new British-based Cultivated Australian, a diametrically opposed form of Australian English developed in the first part of the twentieth century. This form moved the andrew carnegie Australian vowels and diphthongs even further away from what was now the British standard of pronunciation, and emphasized nasality, flatness of intonation, and the elision of syllables.This second modified form of Australian speech came to be called Broad Australian. While it is true that when non-Australians hear any Australian say ‘mate’ or ‘race’ they are likely to mistake the words for ‘mite’ and ‘rice’, the mishearing is most likely to occur with speakers of Broad Australian. The majority of Australians continued to speak with the accent that had been established in the first fifty years of army essayons song settlement, and this form of speech came to be known as General Australian. General Australian was now book-ended by andrew philanthropy essay Cultivated Australian and Broad Australian, and originality essay these forms of Australian English came to andrew carnegie carry with them very different sets of values. Cultivated Australian, for justice, example, came to express a longing for British values and essay a nostalgia for a country that was still regarded by biomass many as ‘home’. Broad Australian was strongly nationalistic, and carried with it notions of egalitarianism that were antagonistic to a perceived class-obsessed and hierarchical Britain. All three forms of Australian English included most of the vocabulary items that had developed in the second half of the philanthropy nineteenth century: billy ‘a cooking utensil’; swag (transferred from the underworld sense of ‘booty’) as the collection of belongings of a bush traveller, and swagman as their bearer; fossick —perhaps a variant of the criminal bibliography midland and southern English fussock (to bustle about)—meaning ‘to search for gold’, and then ‘to rummage around for anything’; the outback and the never-never to describe country far from urban areas; brumby ‘a wild horse’; larrikin ‘an urban hooligan’; and so on.

In lexis, a number of the most culturally important Australian terms developed towards the philanthropy end of the nineteenth century, at precisely the time that Australian English was generating its Cultivated and Broad forms. Battler (especially in about pizza its present manifestation of little Aussie battler ) is one of the most positive words in Australian English, and it usually refers to a person who works hard to make a decent living in difficult circumstances. Initially, the battler was a person who scrounged a living on the edges of society: an itinerant and irregularly employed rural worker struggling to survive (1898); a person who frequented racecourses in search of a living (1895); a prostitute (1898). Battler eventually divested itself of the associations of the mug punter and the prostitute, but even in its earliest uses there is evidence of philanthropy essay strong sympathy and admiration for army song, working-class people who eke out their existence with resilience and courage. The opposite essay of the army song battler is the bludger —one of the andrew carnegie essay most derogatory of Australian words.

The bludger is thesis, a person who lives off the efforts of others, a cadger and an idler, a person who expects others to do all the work. The history of this word helps to explain something of the carnegie philanthropy essay moral condemnation that bludger and its verb to bludge typically carry. Carbon Sequestration Outline. Australian bludger is andrew carnegie essay, a form of Standard English bludgeoner ‘a person who is armed with and doesn’t hesitate to use a bludgeon , a short stout club’. In Australia the bludger became a pimp who was prepared to protect his financial stake in a prostitute by resorting to the violence of the bludgeon. The salient feature in this, and all later senses, is that the essay person who is called a bludger is living off the work of another and, from carnegie philanthropy this sense, it is a short step to the use of justice bibliography bludger as a generalized term of abuse. Andrew Philanthropy. Dinkum emerges at about the same time. Dinkum is from British dialect, where it meant primarily ‘work; a fair share of work’. The notion of ‘fairness’ has always been associated with dinkum , and it is from this connotation of ‘fairness’ that the particularly Australian meaning ‘reliable, genuine, honest, true’ developed in the first decade of the twentieth century. Gasification Thesis. It was also at andrew carnegie philanthropy this time that the collocation fair go appeared, an important expression of egalitarian principles.

The continuing significance of this phrase in Australian society is evidenced by the fact that a recent Federal Government booklet Life in Australia (2007), aimed at new migrants, explains what is thesis, meant by andrew philanthropy a fair go in Australia: ‘Australians value equality of opportunity and what is often called a “fair go”. This means that what someone achieves in a essay pizza life should be a product of their talents, work and effort rather than their birth or favouritism. Andrew Carnegie Philanthropy. Australians have a spirit of egalitarianism that embraces mutual respect, tolerance and fair play. #8230; The aim is to ensure there are no formal class distinctions in Australian society’. Write. Although dinkum (and its variant fair dinkum ) appeared in carnegie philanthropy essay the 1890s, the evidence indicates that its really widespread use occurred during the First World War. It was out of the First World War that Anzac (an acronym formed from the initial letters of essay perfect Australian and carnegie philanthropy essay New Zealand Army Corps ) and digger (originally a soldier engaged in essay the digging of trenches, echoing its earlier use for a person digging for andrew carnegie philanthropy, gold) emerged in the sense ‘an Australian soldier’. By the end of the war both terms were being used emblematically to reflect the traditional view of the virtues displayed by those who served in the Gallipoli campaign, especially as these virtues were seen as national characteristics. Such terms are part of a rich tradition of Australian colloquialisms that became established in carbon sequestration the first half of the twentieth century: bonzer ‘excellent’; Buckley’s chance ‘no chance at all’; cobber ‘mate’; crook ‘dishonest, unpleasant, ill’; dag ‘a character, an entertaining eccentric’ (later ‘an unfashionable person, a nerd’); plonk ‘cheap wine’ (an example of a word of Australian derivation adopted in Britain, and elsewhere, with little awareness of its origin); pom ‘an English person’; rort ‘an act of fraud or sharp practice’; wog ‘a flu-like illness’; wowser ‘a puritanical person, a killjoy’, and so on. Australian English and national identity. These Australianisms were very much a part of Broad Australian and General Australian.

They were certainly not a part of Cultivated Australian, the prestige form of Australian English in the public domain where, in the first half of the twentieth century, the Australian accent and the colloquial elements of the Australian vocabulary were condemned, with reference to andrew essay putative and actual British standards. Here was a paradox: the Australian accent and the core words that carried and embodied Australian values (and which were therefore central to notions of nationhood and identity) were judged to be substandard and second-rate. Originality Essay. In the second half of the twentieth century, the weakening ties with Britain (especially as a result of Britain’s joining of the European Economic Community) and the emergence of new forms of nationalism, this situation was gradually reversed. Australian English became ‘naturalized’ in its own country, its accent and vocabulary were accepted as a national norm, and andrew it was celebrated in such works as the Australian National Dictionary of write 1988. In the first half of the twentieth century Cultivated Australian had been the socially prestigious accent; by the end of the century its utterance was likely to generate derision and laughter.

As a result, Broad Australian, too, has been in decline, as if this extreme form was no longer required now that the imperial elements were dead. General Australian is now to the fore—as it had been before the false dawns of Cultivated and Broad. Essay. Bruce Moore, Speaking our Language. The Story of Australian English (OUP, 2008) Please sign in to search the dictionary. Copyright © 2017 Oxford University Press.

All rights reserved.

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need -

My Favourite Hobby Swimming Essays and andrew carnegie, Research Papers. ? My Favourite Hobby My favourite hobby is all kinds of technology . Pizza. like cars, trains, planes etc. Mostly it's cars. Everything begun when I was small. My father was repairing his car and I was always helping him. Carnegie Essay. I was asking him so many questions about gasification it, because I was so interested in andrew philanthropy, techniques. Biomass Gasification Thesis. I even started making my own lamps and it worked! All of my family was using it.

List 1: What kinds? 2:How did it begun and who introduced me to it? 3: Lamps. 4: Why do. Automobile , Family , Future 612 Words | 3 Pages. My Hobby My full name is Zuebadreita Binti Badruldin but all my friends called me Reita. What I am . going to tell here is not about my self but basically is about my hobby . Andrew Essay. I know that everybody have their own interest or hobby and what I am going to share here is justice annotated bibliography, all about my hobbies , what I like to carnegie philanthropy essay do most during my leisure time. First of all, I like reading.

I like to sequestration outline read novel and mostly a story about love and carnegie, life. About. If I start to andrew philanthropy read the novel, I can’t stop reading it because it’s make. 2007 singles , Cooking , Feeling 824 Words | 3 Pages. Hello, my name is I graduated from multimedia university with a bachelor degree in engineering majoring in pizza, mechanical. The reason . of essay, this video resume is to apply for the post of sales support engineer of essay perfect, emerson process management asia pacific pte ltd in Singapore. One of the things that I have spent most of my time here in multimedia university is commiting to andrew carnegie the university society. Although I did not manage to secure any post during my time serving. Academic degree , Bachelor of Engineering , Bachelor's degree 292 Words | 3 Pages. DANCING What makes a good hobby ? Hobbies should be fun, upbeat, and criminal justice topics, affordable for everyone. . I realized that my hobby was dancing.

Yes, I know that to some people dancing is not considered a true hobby ; but the way I see it, if I enjoy dancing spend my precious time doing it, then I have every right to consider it as my special hobby . My hobby started only essay, five years after I was born. A Essay Pizza. My hobby is the fun but challenging life of dance. Right after I learned. Dance , Dance music , Dance therapy 1052 Words | 3 Pages. ?A hobby can be almost anything a person like to do in his spare time. Because the “Idle Mind is Devil’s workshop” therefore those who have . developed a hobby never need to worry about what to do with their newly founded leisure hours.

Every person in andrew philanthropy essay, the world has a hobby of his own. There are many kinds of hobbies such as gardening, stamp collecting, hiking, coin collecting, photography, listening to a essay about music and so forth. Girls to pursue some hobbies . Their hobbies differ from those of the boys. Amateur , Collecting , Girl 531 Words | 2 Pages. Vegetable gardening as my favorite hobby Deepa George WGU February 20, 2013 Vegetable gardening as my . favorite hobby Hobby is an entertaining activity which provides pleasure and carnegie philanthropy, recreation. It is a way of escaping from the stress and the monotony of one’s daily round of a essay pizza, duties. Therefore, hobby is andrew carnegie, essential for the proper enjoyment of life. My favorite hobby is topics, vegetable gardening because it provides me sense of pride, peace, and relaxation, promote healthy life style and save money.

Bean , Cucumber , Fruit 913 Words | 3 Pages. R2,MYSQL Operating Systems : MS Windows ------------------------------------------------- STRENGTH * Self Confident amp; Goal oriented . * Punctual * Team spirit ------------------------------------------------- HOBBIES * Singing amp; Listening Music * Reading books or Newspaper * Making Friends ------------------------------------------------- PROJECT UNDERTAKEN Project Name : Business Solution Back End : SQL Server 2008 R2 Front. Microsoft , Microsoft SQL Server , Microsoft Windows 277 Words | 3 Pages. A Favourite Sport/Hobby and the Reason You Enjoy It. Topic: A Favourite Sport/ Hobby and the Reason You Enjoy It Type of andrew essay, Brainstorming: Listing * Dancing * Calorie Blaster . Essay. * Balancing * Make new friends * Cultural diverse * Keep fit * Make yourself happy * Maintain healthy * Reduce stress * Avoid from bad habits * Express yourself * Maintain active of brain cell Outline Topic: A Favourite Sport/ Hobby and philanthropy, the Reason You Enjoy It I. Introduction Thesis Statement: Dancing is my favourite. Ceremonial dance , Dance , Dance music 638 Words | 3 Pages. ? My Favourite Author “A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly.

You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and annotated topics, a . Carnegie Philanthropy. double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” -Roald Dahl Roald Dahl has written numerous children’s books in his career as a writer. He had fun playing around with. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory , Child , Chocolate 736 Words | 3 Pages. Life without a hobby is like food without the salt. It is essay, a hobby which makes living interesting. It is a pursuit outside one’s . regular work. A hobby gives one joy and pleasure; one does not get tired of it. Andrew Essay. It is a pastime, relaxation and leisure. In this way, while one is learning something, he is essay perfect write, also making best use of his time.

There are many hobbies like drawing, painting, gardening, stamp collecting, photography, reading, sewing, crafts, embroidery, knitting, cooking, pet care, coin collecting. Collecting , Flower , Garden 390 Words | 2 Pages. My Hobby Role Play for English Communication. _____ My Hobbies The Role: You have a hobby . Essay. Let’s talk about it. A. Answer the question in one word: . What is your name?

What is justice bibliography topics, your favorite hobby ? Where did you learn to do it? How do you do the hobby with? What hobby would you like to learn? B. Make a new friend. Carnegie. Talk about carbon outline your hobbies together. C. Don’t forget. Write down what you learned about your friends hobby . Philanthropy Essay. Hobby Learned by Wants to biomass thesis My name is . Carnegie Essay. Fold Here My name is essay, . 2007 singles , Educational psychology , High school 432 Words | 5 Pages. My favourite book. For years, teachers and parents have been worried about comics, the cinema, television, and now the . Internet. They all stop children reading, they say.

However, it now seems that children are reading more than ever. Essay. Reading habits have changed, because there is now lots of competition from other media, but I think that reading is still popular. Bibliography Topics. The reading is very important for me because book is cognitive. When I read a book I recognize something interesting, I get. American Civil War , Ashley Wilkes , Clark Gable 936 Words | 3 Pages.

SPEAKING TEXTSEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN TEMBAK, 09300 KUALA KETILTHEME : WORLD OF SELF, FAMILY AND FRIENDSTOPIC : FAVOURITE PASTIMEMY . FAVOURITE HOBBY Good morning to all judges, teachers, fellow contestants andaudiences. I would grasp this honour today to carnegie philanthropy tell about my favourite hobby.A hobby is a kind of amusement, an interesting pursuit which fruitfullyoccupies our leisure hours. There are many kinds of originality essay, hobbies like collectingthings, games and carnegie essay, sports, photography, painting, reading or even gardening.Hobbies. Commemorative stamp , Postage stamp , Stamp collecting 468 Words | 3 Pages. My Favourite Day of the Week I cannot say which day of the week is my favourite day because it is . unknown how a day would end up. But still, school days are never days that I look forward to. School, homework and tuition classes burdens me. Excluding the schooldays, only Friday or Saturday would be my choice. The day I like the most, is Saturday. Saturday is perfectly placed at the last day of the sequestration outline week.

As usual in andrew carnegie, the morning I would have to go to school for co-curriculum activities. Those activities. Chasing Lights , Frankie Sandford , Piano 875 Words | 3 Pages. Hobbies Hobbies are things you do in your spare time, this can take the perfect form of anything that you are interested in, it should . be invigorating and also be a form of relaxation, hobbies can also educational, enjoyable fun to philanthropy essay perform and a essay pizza, exciting. A hobby should be something you take pleasure in doing, something that you are good at, positively motivating and at no time be boring or depressing neither too stressful as this will create negative emotions. Carnegie. Some hobbies are social events in which you. Hobby , Hobby horse , Leisure 1366 Words | 4 Pages. 9/17/12 Essa on M Favourite Teacher H OME A B OU T SI TE P RESERV E OU R A RTI CLE CONTENT QU A LI T GU I DELI NES DI . SCLA I MER TOS CONTA CT U GUIDELINES About Site Content Qualit Guidelines Terms of Service Privac Polic Disclaimer Cop right Recent Articles Essa on M Favourite Teacher ROHIT AGARWAL De igne Sa ee Online sare e sba aar.com /Sare e s-183.htm l Bu Latest Designer Sarees Online. Free Shipping WorldWide. Order now!

O ganic Fa ming www.acre. All rights reserved , Casting , Copyright 595 Words | 4 Pages. My Favourite Holiday Destination I have been to several places around the world, Mumbai and Goa in India, Paris in France, . Outline. Hamburg in Germany, Rome and Venice in Italy, Vatican City, Singapore, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney in Australia but my personal favourite is the Brisbane-Gold Coast trip which also happens to be in Australia. Andrew Carnegie Essay. I liked it very much since Gold Coast had 2 huge theme parks and an amazing water park. It was the 16th of December we were on our way to Dubai International Airport. Amusement park , Gold Coast, Queensland , Marine biology 2694 Words | 7 Pages. Hobbies differ like tastes. If you have chosen a hobby according to your character and taste you are lucky because your life . becomes more interesting. Hobbies are divided into 4 large groups: doing, making, collecting and learning things. The most popular hobby is doing things.

It includes a wide variety of a essay about, activities from gardening to traveling, from chess to volleyball. Andrew. Both grown-ups and children are fond of playing different computer games. This hobby is becoming more and more popular. Originality Essay. Making. Anton Chekhov , Comedy , Hobby 1094 Words | 3 Pages.

practice is set up to work on a specific quality, such as lactate buildup -practices are very intense and andrew philanthropy, cause me to always be exhausted -I eat a solid . diet to keep consistent in criminal justice annotated, practice - my diet consists of lots of protein, vegetables and white meat - I stopped drinking soda to really maximize my potential - I eat at least 150-175g protein a day - monday prac is aerobic freestyle, tuesday morning is andrew carnegie philanthropy, overload kick, tuesday afternoon is overload swim, wednesday is aerobic IM, Thursday morning. Failure , Nutrition , Periodization 914 Words | 3 Pages. My Favourite Sports I really love going outside and compete outdoor plot of grounds. Out of the many sports that I wee-wee play . in high school, I like playing basketball the near. The reason is about pizza, because it is challenging and it needs a plentifulness of teamwork to derive a game. It is andrew carnegie philanthropy essay, not subdued to pizza be able to sink a basketball. It takes many days of andrew philanthropy, practice. I have a good aim and I like to be the someone to throw the sequestration ball into the hoop. I find that playing a basketball game is very challenging. Cricket , Cricket terminology , Fielding 1386 Words | 4 Pages. My Favourite City My favourite place is Hyderabad.

I like it for it’s culture, location, good . connectivity with other cities, somewhat moderate climate, the economy, infrastructure, education, different markets and andrew carnegie essay, lots of other things. Essay. It’s a city where you find all the andrew philanthropy essay useful things in one place, it’s also an originality essay IT-BPO hub, the andrew carnegie philanthropy daily goods and services are very affordable and of reasonable quality, eateries offering a variety of biomass gasification, cuisine also at very affordable rates, and to andrew carnegie me as a practising Muslim. Andhra Pradesh , Hyderabad State , Hyderabad, India 976 Words | 3 Pages. (1) I have read a number of books in English and Hindi. Most of essayons song, them have been to my liking and philanthropy essay, I have spent many an annotated bibliography hour reading them.

But . one which has pleased me most is Munshi Prem Chand’s ‘Godaan’. Carnegie Philanthropy Essay. ‘Godaan’, is Prem Chand’s master-piece and ranks very high in perfect, the world of fiction. Andrew Essay. The book portrays the life of the poor villagers – Hari, Dhania and tohers. The author felt the problems of the villagers and placed them before us honestly. Closely connected with their lives is the picture. Hanuman , Lakshmana , Lanka 1577 Words | 4 Pages. MY FAVOURITE CITY I love Paris with such a passion, it hurts. Biomass Gasification. Last year I lived there for four months but still, I can never . get enough.

When I'm not in carnegie philanthropy essay, Paris I ache for the city as if for a lost love. About Pizza. If I could return once more, I'd jump feet first into andrew, all the about pizza wonderful places I still want to discover. And, I would also make a personal pilgrimage to andrew essay my favorite places from write chic to charming all that hooked my heart. First I would re visit my favorite arrondissement, the Marais. Here the.

3rd arrondissement of Paris , 4th arrondissement of Paris , Le Marais 1005 Words | 3 Pages. ?ESSAY: MY FAVOURITE PERSONALITY Every person in this world has a hero. Andrew Carnegie Essay. People have heroes because they really . admire that person and they really look up to that person. They want to a essay about do what they have done and they have achieved in their life. Like every person, I also have a hero. My hero had a great personality and a great heart. His name is Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah. I choose him as my hero because I really admire him. Andrew Philanthropy. I admire his style, his personality and what he did for.

Indian National Congress , Karachi , Lahore 956 Words | 3 Pages. My Hobby My hobby Everybody has different hobbies that we enjoy and do it for fun or . relaxation. Song. They can be either physical activities like jogging, playing football, swimming , … or mental activities like reading, watching movies, playing computers… and it depend on personality. My bobby is football because it’s part of my life and I cannot live without it and I have playing this sport since I was a litle boy. Nowdays looks like everibody is playing football and it most popular sport in the. American football , Association football , Australian rules football 493 Words | 2 Pages. ?Persuasive Essay Swimming is andrew, a fun and beneficial exercise. First of all you won’t even know you are exercising because you will be having so . much fun. All you have to criminal bibliography do is move your hands and feet, and no one really sees swimming as a workout so your wife/husband won’t even think that you’re working out to get into shape.

Swimming builds muscle mass, muscle strength, and flexibility. Andrew Philanthropy. It also builds cardiovascular fitness, and burns a lot of calories. If you just try it you will be satisfied and. Backstroke , Butterfly stroke , FINA 872 Words | 3 Pages. My favourite personality:THE PERSONALITY OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (S.A.W.W) The Personality Of The Prophet Muhammad The Prophet . Muhammad was known for bibliography topics, good character throughout his life. He was known as: The Honest long before he received the message of Islam . He was handsome, of medium height, very active, walked rapidly which forced his companions to race to keep up with him.

People reported seeing light around his body and in andrew carnegie, his face, which they compared to the sun or the full moon. His. Islam , Jesus , Medina 1122 Words | 3 Pages. my favorite hobbies Movie is one of my biggest hobbies . Originality. Each film has its own beauty, . therefore, it’s really hard for me to pick one to andrew carnegie philanthropy be the movie that I like the most. However, according to some films I have watched recently, it is criminal justice, nothing but ‘the pursuit of happiness’ which has great influence on andrew carnegie essay me. Carbon Sequestration Outline. The beautiful relationship between father and essay, son is the a essay about pizza thing that makes me like it. ‘The pursuit of happiness’ tells us the story of andrew philanthropy essay, a father and carbon sequestration outline, his little son. After a fail investment. 2007 singles , Family , Film 433 Words | 2 Pages.

YOUR FAVOURITE HOBBY Introduction: Hobby means any form of amusement or pleasant occupation. It is also a . pleasant pastime, which breaks the monotony of essay, routine life. It refreshes one’s mined as well as body after toile. Hobby is not one’s main profession but it is not less important than one’s main business. Man runs his main business out of sheer necessity but man pursues hobby for originality, sheer delight. In our practical life, every man has a hobby and every man should have a hobby in his life. . Collecting , Flower , Garden 623 Words | 2 Pages. Sibling and Time Outdoor Swimming. usually… my Granny on Saturday. a) visits b) visited c) visit d) will visit 2.There … 30 pupils in our class last year. Andrew Carnegie Essay. a) were b) . was c) are d) is 3. Essay. I can… English very well. a) spoke b) speaks c) speak d) will speak 4. Andrew Carnegie Philanthropy Essay. …they go to the Zoo with us next week? a) shall b) will c) do d) did 5. I… to a essay about pizza my friend’s place yesterday. a) goed b) went c) goes d) will go 6. He will not… his holidays in America. a) spent b) spended c) spends d) spend 7. My pencil…on. Sibling 724 Words | 5 Pages. Mirza Professor Marsh ENG 1104 38 25 Feb.

2013 My favorite Poet Throughout the . twenty one years of my life. I have had the privilege of carnegie, knowing about many poets and dramatists. However, there is one particular poet whose name is etched in my memory. Whenever somebody asks about essayons song my favorite poet, his name will automatically flash into my mind. He is Michael Madhusudan Dutt, was a popular 19th century Bengali poet, dramatist and the first sonnet. Bengal , Bengali literature , Bengali poetry 831 Words | 3 Pages. I am a student in philanthropy, the Model School. It is situated near our house.

Every morning my elder brother escorts me to the school. He comes again to . pick me up in the afternoon. I like my school very much. The teachers are good and helpful. About Pizza. They teach us many new things every day. My classmates are also good. I have three intimate friends in my class. They are Ramen, Peter and Suleman. I invite them on my birthday in carnegie philanthropy, our house.

Our school is surrounded by a green lawn. There is a small park at the back. Collecting , Gardening , Hobby 1049 Words | 3 Pages. In the swimming world there are many different kinds of strokes that can be learned in order to use the proper swimming . techniques. A swimming stroke is a way that swimmers move their arms and legs to go against the water and move themselves forward. Pizza. The strokes create the andrew carnegie philanthropy essay least water resistance and there should be a minimum of splashing so that moving forward is smooth and not jerky. There are several specific kinds of sequestration thesis, stroke methods, but there are eight common ones.

There is the butterfly, breast. Backstroke , Butterfly stroke , Diving 1273 Words | 3 Pages. 1.1 Introduction Swimming is a sport or activity of propelling oneself through water using the limbs. Swimming . is also defined as to essay move through water by means of the limbs. It is an action moving as though gliding through water. Swimming is sequestration thesis outline, a recreational activities enjoyed by all ages. Swimming is consistently ranked as one of the andrew carnegie philanthropy physical activities people are most likely to take part in. Besides that, people swim for a essay pizza, health reason. Swimming is andrew philanthropy essay, a cardiovascular exercise due. Angle , Backstroke , Breaststroke 2188 Words | 7 Pages. Swimming As a Good Habit I like swimming and I search about it in the Kent library.

I have ten-year experience in . competitive swimming and twelve years in pleasure swimming . I was born close to a essay about pizza a lake where my father practice fishing and while my mother hire yachting facilities. Carnegie Essay. I requested my father to take me with him to fishing expeditions but he refused because I did not know how to swim. At the age of seven, my brother trained me how to originality essay swim. Since then, I have become and swimming enthusiast. Heart , Heart disease , Hypertension 734 Words | 3 Pages. Project: My favorite book 2012 Recently I`ve . read a very interesting book that impressed me greatly. Andrew. It was the carbon sequestration thesis outline novel by Vera Kryzhanovskaya “Hellish charms”.

Russian writer and spiritualist Vera Kryzhanovskaya was the first woman writer of science fiction in the world, and the first professional science fiction writer in Russia. She was born June 2, 1857 .Her Father was from an old noble family. Boy , Female , Girl 890 Words | 3 Pages. PREPARED FOR : MISS NATASHA BINTI ARIFFIN PREPARED BY : NADIA NUR AMIRAH BINTI CHE SEMAN 1053030 PAGE 29 ( TASK 10 ) Choose one of the topics below . and write a journal entry of not less than 100 words on it. 4. THE MOST EMBARRASING MOMENT IN MY LIFE. Andrew. PAGE 47, 49 COMPREHENSION A. FIND THE FACTS ANSWERS: DIFFICULTY | DETAILS | MONEY | 1. 2. Essay. 3. | CLOTHES | 1. three beautiful sarees but don’t have gold to ‘shine’.

2. 1 school uniform and 1 pair of andrew philanthropy, shoes. | . Family 606 Words | 7 Pages. Experience of Swimming Swimming has been my favorite sport since I was a kid. The reason might be I . wanted to army song be a mermaid living at the sea because of the mermaid tales I had read. However, I joined the swimming team when I was in high school. During that period, our team joined a lot of carnegie philanthropy essay, large-scale and famous swimming competitions by army essayons song, Hong Kong Swimming Association. Andrew. It helped me to meet with other athletes and criminal annotated bibliography topics, learn from them. Andrew. We could share our experience, and criminal, discuss about swimming techniques.

Diving , Human swimming , Learning 1049 Words | 3 Pages. My hobby (Pleasures of books reading, or how I spend my leisure time) Outline: 1. Andrew Essay. Introduction 2. . Different kinds of hobbies 3. My hobby -book reading 4. Pleasures of book reading i. Illuminates ii. Gives knowledge iii. Treasure of wisdom and carbon sequestration thesis outline, wise suggestions iv. A friend to the friendless 5. Philanthropy. Selection of justice annotated bibliography topics, books 6. Bad effects of bad books 7. Conclusion It is said that an empty mind is devil’s workshop. The moment we sit idle, devil starts instilling. Digestion , Hobby , Leisure 460 Words | 2 Pages. A hobby is some task that keeps us busy and also entertained when we are free from our routine works. Carnegie Philanthropy. This is also something that keeps us and . makes us aware of our inner desires, talents and thesis, capacities. Our hobbies are usually somethings that we as individuals like to do besides our daily chores. Hobbies are thus of many different kinds, each person having a hobby that caters to his/her likes, talents and innate desires.

This is why there are many kinds of hobbies like reading, playing, socialising. Collecting , Hobby , Leisure 643 Words | 2 Pages. in a natural hobby “gardening”. This is not only refreshing but is full of natural benefits. It helps to andrew philanthropy essay relive our stress and about pizza, makes us relax. Andrew Carnegie Philanthropy. . Fresh air keeps our lungs healthy. Biomass Gasification. Gardening can be described as “love for garden and its inhabitants”. Here inhabitants are all creatures living in garden like flowers, trees, butterflies or all insects etc. Gardening as my hobby , derives great pleasure for me. I love planting flowers, especially some vegetables of the particular season in my garden. Carnegie Essay. Besides.

Agriculture , Flower , Health 519 Words | 2 Pages. Over the last few years, as I got bored with my life and tried to essay pick up some new hobbies to make my life more . enjoyable, I came across so many great things from indoor rock climbing, gardening to andrew carnegie essay making handmade stuffs. Thesis. Among all those things, I really got into making scrapbook since I has discovered a lot about myself doing so. First of all, scrapbooking is andrew essay, a popular past time of many people, especially women. This is the way of essay write, keeping personal and andrew carnegie philanthropy essay, family history in the decorated book. It. Arts and carbon sequestration outline, crafts , Photograph , Photography 716 Words | 2 Pages.

| A hobby is what people enjoy doing in their free time. Carnegie. People . have different hobbies such as playing guitar, watching movies, reading books, sleeping etc. My hobby is essayons, playing football. Football is the carnegie most popular sport in the world and essay, is played in a lot of countries. Essay. I started to play football when I was ten. At the essay first time, my father did not allow me to play football because he thought it would be dangerous.

American football , Football , Help 399 Words | 2 Pages. Football Days Everyone has a special hobby , or sport that they love to do. It could be anywhere from singing, to playing baseball. . My hobby is football. I love the sport and it takes up a huge portion of my life. I spend my time playing football for West Jr., but not only do I love to andrew philanthropy play the sport, I also love to essay perfect write watch other teams play. My favorite NCAA team is of course the Missouri Tigers, my home state team, followed by Oklahoma, which just happens to be one of Missouri’s rival teams.

American football , Canadian football , Football 603 Words | 2 Pages. GUITAR IS MY HOBBY Good morning to andrew carnegie madam Wan Narmi Aziana and pizza, my fellow friends, today I would like to talk . about andrew carnegie essay my hobby . Everybody has his or her own hobby . For me, my favorite hobby is music and playing a guitar and of course, listens to music as well. I like Jazz and justice annotated topics, other genre such as Pop and Classic, because this music creates a unique different feeling when you listened to philanthropy them. It gives you the feeling of essayons song, relaxation and has many unexpected tunes that actually very nice to hear from a. 2008 albums , Blues , Guitar 515 Words | 2 Pages. ? Hobby is a pursuit outside one’s regular work.

It gives one joy and carnegie philanthropy essay, pleasure. Since it is a pleasure, one does not get tired of originality, it. Hobb . Philanthropy Essay. y is used to a essay about pastime, making life more relaxing. Life without a hobby is like food without salt. Hobby can add colors into our boring lives. In addition, hobby can also eventually become more compelling to human as it gives motivation.There is philanthropy, no actual definition to hobby . As long as the individual is happy, it could become their hobby . However there are a few hobbies which most people have.

Cooking , Culinary art , Erno Rubik 1096 Words | 3 Pages. Everybody has different hobbies that he or she would like to do for fun or relaxation. They can be either physical activities like jogging, . football, swimming , skateboarding… or mental activities like reading, watching movies, playing computers… and depend on each personality. For me, soccer is criminal justice bibliography topics, my hobby because it’s part of andrew carnegie essay, my life and I cannot live without it. Living in country like Vietnam, soccer is the king of sport. Gasification Thesis. That is why it is not surprising that my childhood has grown up with the soccer’s. Association football , FIFA World Cup , Football 559 Words | 2 Pages. to the printed directions supplied with each ball.”14 Lindley LJ goes on to state “We must first consider whether this was intended to andrew carnegie be a promise at all, . or whether it was a mere puff which meant nothing. Originality Essay. Was it mere puff?

My answer to essay that question is perfect write, No, and I base my answer upon andrew essay, this passage: “1000?. Is deposited with the alliance Bank, shewing our sincerity in the matter”,…The deposit is called in originality essay, aid by the advertised as proof of essay, his sincerity in about, the matter, - that is, the andrew carnegie philanthropy essay sincerity of his. Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company , Contract , Contract law 2673 Words | 7 Pages. A hobby is a change of work which is done for the main purpose of refreshing oneself. It is an interesting pursuit for the sake of getting . pleasure in one's leisure time. Hobby is the pleasant use of the originality spare time at our disposal. We can use it as we like it. Andrew Carnegie Essay. It has correctly been said that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. The hobbies give us mental and bodily relaxation when we are tired of our daily routine. As a matter of fact we must have some leisure for our enjoyment. If we have.

Flower , Fruit , Hobby 509 Words | 2 Pages. Sylvia Sarisly. Sequestration Outline. I love swimming . April 1, 2009 Finally the warm days are here! Waiting for andrew carnegie philanthropy, them meant an eternity for me, because I love . swimming , but I don’t like to biomass gasification thesis swim in the cold weather, and finding a pool, big enough for lap swimming , that is really WARM – 80 degrees at philanthropy, least- is very hard to find. Here in California, just few pools have warm (more then 80 degrees) water, and needles to sequestration thesis outline say, the beach is essay, a fridge-cold water place for me. I go to enjoy the sun, but nothing like the. Backstroke , Diving , FINA 1572 Words | 4 Pages. ? My hobby is playing badminton. I started playing badminton when I was six years old.

I need a badminton racket and a essay, some . shuttlecocks to play badminton. Andrew Philanthropy. I don't spend too much money on my hobby . I like playing badminton because it is interesting and it can make me healthy. I often play badminton in the park. I play badminton with my friends. I often go to perfect play badminton on andrew carnegie philanthropy Saturdays. I like playing badminton very much. Badminton is a racquet sport played by originality, either two opposing players (singles). American football , Badminton , Game 585 Words | 2 Pages. My hobby is andrew carnegie, stamp colleting. Essayons Song. When I was still only a baby, my mother began to andrew philanthropy essay collect for me.

Of course, she did . not let me touch the stamps until I was old enough not to spoil them. I remember that it was on army my fifteenth birthday that she first put them into my hands. They were in four fat books, but since that time I have added three more, so that now I have a bigger collection than any of my friends. How do I get my stamps? I have never bought a single one from andrew carnegie philanthropy a shop -- so my collection. A Story , I-Pass , Mother 688 Words | 2 Pages. my hobbies weeknesses and strengths. My hobbies Badminton is my favourite sport. Essay Perfect. It is the fastest racket game in the world. It is carnegie philanthropy, played . Essay Write. with rackets and andrew, a shuttlecock. There are six main shots: the serve, the clear, the drop, the smash, the forehand drive and a essay pizza, the backhand drive.

The court on andrew carnegie essay which badminton is played is in the shape of a rectangle and a essay pizza, is divided in half by a net. I started playing badminton when I was old enough or strong enough to andrew carnegie philanthropy swing the rackets. Army. I love racket sports, especially badminton because badminton. Calligraphy , Learning , Pen 522 Words | 2 Pages. reason that I love Rap Music is because it elevates my concentration when I am working out.

When I am trying to surpass my . personal best in essay, any exercise, all I have to do is listen to write a motivational type of Rap Music and I am able to focus better. I remember a time when I was attending a High School track practice. I was at philanthropy essay, a plateau with my leg press, all of a sudden I hear a Rap tune on the radio, and criminal annotated bibliography topics, I was able to lift ten pounds more than my previous personal best leg press. I knew at that point. African American , Blues , Fabolous 523 Words | 2 Pages. History of swimming One of the most unique characteristics of humans amongst most animals is carnegie essay, our ability to adapt to our environment. And . because of this ability, our species were able to survive since the beginning through the gasification thesis ice age and although out the andrew carnegie internet age. And since time immemorial, we have known that humans already acquired the ability to swim. Although humans were not designed to move in the water, yet somehow we found ways for essay perfect, us to move ourselves from point A to point B in water. Backstroke , Breaststroke , Butterfly stroke 977 Words | 3 Pages. Swimming backstroke the carnegie complete guide to gasification thesis getting your stroke perfect, along with faults their causes and how to philanthropy essay Swimming . A Essay Pizza. backstroke/ introduction Swimming backstroke is the andrew carnegie third fastest stroke competitively, originated from an carbon outline old english style of andrew carnegie essay, swimming backstrokeand has developed over the years and has evolved into an alternating and more effective action.

This action givesthe backstroke less resistance with a continuous propulsion. The speed of the backstroke is carbon, limited by the restrictiverange. Backstroke , Finger , Human leg 2170 Words | 6 Pages. Amateur Swimming Association of Trinidad and Tobago “The English are considered the first modern society to andrew carnegie develop swimming as . a sport. By 1837 swimming competitions were being held in London’s six artificial pools, these competitions were organized by the National Swimming Society in England. As the sport grew in popularity many more swimming pools were built, and when a new governing body, the Amateur Swimming Association of Great Britain, was organized in 1880, it numbered more than 300 member.

International Olympic Committee , Olympic Games , Olympic sports 3933 Words | 11 Pages. The Challenges of Swimming Most everyone has been swimming at least once in their life, but competitive . swimming is annotated, more than just floating in water. Essay. Competitive swimming , from the inception in criminal bibliography topics, 1896, has greatly evolved to the sport it is today. It includes four strokes which are; Front stroke, Back stroke, Breast stroke, and andrew, Butterfly. Swimming is one of the hardest sports in the world because of the mental and physical attributions. On the mental side of swimming , there are many factors. Backstroke , Butterfly stroke , Diving 1098 Words | 3 Pages. think about my favorite things. For instance my favorite color is green.

I think what it would be like to have everything that . color must get boring to after a while of always seeing that color right well my sister’s room is all pink and she still buys a lot of other oink stuff. My favorite kind of shoe is the high heel. I know what you might think at criminal justice, seeing me I am soooo tall I should not want to be taller but I like how it makes me look. Philanthropy. Long legs, great calves and army, awesome posture. My favorite. Aurora , Disney Princess , Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams 608 Words | 2 Pages. MY DREAM HOUSE I have a dream, you have a dream, she has a . dream, he has a dream, they have a dream, and we have a dream because everyone on this planet has their own dreams. Philanthropy. But we have one dream in common.

We insist to biomass gasification thesis achieve that one dream yet we know we cannot. It is because we know only the selected people can have or those who tries their best to achieve their dreams. We are a dreamer, we dream big. We have been.

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 -

photo essay music Santa Cruz Music Photo Essay. I awoke early my first morning at andrew carnegie essay UCSC. I took a walk to gasification, the field which wasn't far from the Cowell College dorms. On my way back, I dropped by andrew philanthropy the piano room, then went to the dining hall for breakfast. My roommate Jonathan. I arrived at UCSC with basically no social conditioning. I had grown up in Santa Monica, CA, gone to four different high schools, including a Quaker boarding school in Pennsylvania, and graduated with honors at sequestration a school in philanthropy essay, Marin County, CA. My favorite musical artists were Sonic Youth and Aphex Twin. Army Song. I was a virgin and andrew carnegie essay, had no friends to justice bibliography topics, speak of.

I don't have a picture of andrew carnegie philanthropy, my first show, but I can tell you about it. A couple months into my first year at UCSC I walked to the Stevenson dining hall where I heard there would be late night pizza being served. As I approached the outside entrance to the Stevenson Rec Room, which you had to walk through to get to the dining hall, I heard muffled loud sounds that were strange and army essayons song, provoking. I walked through the hallway to andrew carnegie, get to the Rec Room and noticed that the lights to biomass gasification, the Rec Room were off, which I had never seen before. I stepped into the Rec Room and was astonished to discover that the room was filled with people who were all a few years older than me, and andrew philanthropy, almost all of them were dressed very tastefully. Carbon Thesis Outline. This was very noticable for me because all of the andrew carnegie philanthropy essay, people who lived in essay, the dorms tended to dress in poor taste, like Tommy Hillfiger and the like.

In the andrew essay, corner of the pizza, room was a band making very angular sounds with rock music instruments. I hung out, feeling very intimidated and out of place, and made a mental note that there was clearly a community of people in Santa Cruz whom I needed to andrew, befriend. The guy stacking plates here is Justin Ward. Justin is three years older than me but for annotated bibliography topics the most part is a crotchety old man. I met Justin because he worked in the dining hall with students that I knew. Justin had never gone to college and had a fair amount of class rage in andrew carnegie philanthropy essay, him. His upbringing I would learn was middle class, but he had a strong spiritual identification with the blue collar. Essay. Justin had this band called Subtle Oak Complexity. I started going to andrew philanthropy essay, see his band play, many of the shows which were conveniently in the Stevenson Rec Room, and this became my way of establishing comfort with being at biomass shows. It was also at these shows where I started to think to myself how strange it was that no one was recording them. This guy is andrew Mike May, who is sequestration thesis outline also three years older than me.

He was the drummer for Subtle Oak Complexity and was a senior at UCSC. Mike was and is one of the most phenomenal people I have ever met, and the maturity gap between him and me was staggering. Carnegie. The thing about Mike though was that he was never condescending, and always gave you the sequestration outline, time of day. Philanthropy Essay. Mike was also fond of biomass gasification, getting naked, and would often arrive at the dining hall totally nude. My musical and philanthropy, social life really started to take off the start of my sophomore year. I remember walking into the dining hall the first day of school and eyeballing Justin Ward. At this point I had demonstrated to him my concrete interest in the SC music scene, and I think the first words to pass from his lips that day was whether I wanted to start a record label. Justin and I became good friends, and my fellowship with him paid off in the extreme for my involvement in the music scene, because Justin knew about all the good shows in town, and he would take me to them. Carbon Thesis Outline. As most of andrew, these shows happened in people's homes, I would not have felt comfortable going to them without Justin at my side.

About a month into my sophomore year I also finally acquired professional recording gear that I could use to record shows. Arriving at a show with recording gear in hand gave me a feeling of validation, being that I was completely unable to carry myself socially. I can't even describe how nervous I was in social situations. The best way I can describe it is sequestration outline like this immense feeling of vertigo, like every human encounter is carnegie essay a big job interview that I was totally unprepared for. I spoke in a clenched British accent. This is Amy Weiss. She had a band called Spike and criminal justice annotated, Princess where she sang and andrew essay, played a Casio keyboard. Spike and a essay about, Princess. Noel Harmonson and carnegie essay, Josh Alper. This is a show at the Stevenson Rec Room.

This is Brian Anderson at a show at Callahan's Bar, which was this real dive bar. I felt, being underage, extremely uncomfortable at the shows at Callahan's, but the music was great. Audience at Callahan's. Exploding Crustaceans at Callahan's. Criminal Bibliography Topics. This was a tongue in cheek metal/butt-rock band. All the guys were in their mid-thirties. Mike and Brian were in this other band called Verstehen, which is German for 'understand'.

The music was intense. This was maybe the darkest, heaviest, band in Santa Cruz. Sean, the leader (not in the picture), had long hair and essay, never left his house. This is another Callahans show. Essay Write. This band was called The Sun, from San Francisco. They made the most intense music I have ever heard. The drummer played this drumset with enormous drums, and the guitar player had FOUR 4x12 cabinets being fed by two amps. That's sixteen speakers!

My recording of this show is totally amazing. Another cool venue was the Rio Theater. Carnegie Philanthropy Essay. I think the theater was owned and biomass, run by andrew carnegie essay a national movie theater chain, but it was totally run down. One of the guys who worked there was a fan of indie rock and there were a few secret shows I attended there where whatever movie they had was projected onto the bands as the bands played. It was a real trip. Brian started working at the dining hall. This is Tony Burchyns, who was the third member of Subtle Oak Complexity.

He and Justin traded off guitar and singing duties. This was a great show. It was held at the Drop In Center which was downtown, a place for people to get free AIDS tests and junkies to criminal justice annotated bibliography, get fresh needles. They had shows there occasionally. It was a long rectangle of a room and it was prety reverberant. This particular show started off with an early version of Cherry Ames, then had The Lowdown and philanthropy, S.O.C. Gasification Thesis. set up on the stage at andrew carnegie essay the same time trading off songs, finishing off with a 20 minute free jam session with everyone contributing. I was to later make a cassette of this show at Justin's house and I remember feeling it was a really tangible bonding with him, also establishing in gasification thesis, a small way our professional relationship. This is my favorite self-portrait. My friend Quentin, from Chicago. We saw eye to eye when it came to God.

Quentin grew up in a Baptist church and when he speaks and writes it's like he's quoting the King James Bible. The night before I was to andrew, leave for Santa Monica for Christmas I had to biomass gasification thesis, write a long paper on Hannah Arendt for my Politcs class. I couldn't concentrate so I went to the balcony of the andrew, TV lounge that was right across the hall and a essay pizza, photographed leaves for two hours. I finished my paper at the last moment. After turning in my paper I packed my car and left for carnegie essay LA. I got over the hill and about twenty minutes onto I-5 before blacking out.

I swerved the car into the left divider ditch, then jerked the wheel hard right. Essay Perfect Write. By the time I reached the right lane my car was nearly perpendicular. I slam into an 18 wheeler and woke up with this massive force pulling me sideways. The driver of the truck drove off to the side of the road so that we were only occupying the carnegie essay, right lane. When everything stopped I was in shock for a little bit and observed that apart from criminal annotated topics, some safety glass cuts on my hands, I was physically fine. I undid my seatbelt and got out of my car, and ran to the truck driver and hugged him and thanked him. While waiting for andrew carnegie the cops to essay, come the sun was going down and andrew carnegie essay, I was in the unique mental state of being extremely tired but with adrenaline pumping through me. I danced along the open part of the lane we were occupying and, thinking of Marcel Duchamp's urinal readymade signed 'R. Mutt 1917', in the dust on the trailer above where my car was merged to it, I wrote with my finger 'N.T. '99'. I cut my hair after the accident.

Brian is arguably the about pizza, best bass player in Santa Cruz. Brian's girlfriend at philanthropy the time was Betsy Powell. The Broadway House, as it was called, was reaching the sunset of its glory by the time I came to essay write, know it. Carnegie. I think it had formerly been a fraternity house. In the early 90's this band called Nuzzle moved from Los Angeles to essay, Santa Cruz, and into this house. From that point on, it became I believe the premier party house for andrew philanthropy essay Santa Cruz indie rock.

Andrew Bolton, Ethan Miller, Michelle Hannigan. This is The Lowdown, who for awhile was the biggest indie band in Santa Cruz. The recording I made of them at this show is really excellent. In the Winter I met this really interesting guy Kishi in my electronic music class. He had been conceived in Japan but was born here.

This is 3/4th's of '30 Years War'. The flaming object in hand is a $1 bill. I think they were trying to make some sort of 'statement', but as it happened Josh Alper said behind me Don't do that! I need those! This band was called 'Under a Dying Sun' and they were of the 'screamo' genre. 'Screamo' is a derivation of 'emo', which is short for outline 'emotional hardcore'. 'Hardcore' is basically another word for punk. 'Emo' is andrew philanthropy essay a form of song, punk that has passionate yelling as part of the song structure. Screamo took that a notch up by having screaming instead of philanthropy, yelling.

There is another derivation of this form, I don't know what it's called, but it has shrieking instead of yelling. There are a number of Japanese bands that do this style. I think Japanese people are built with vocal cords that are ideal for shrieking. I once recorded a band of the shrieking emo style where their average song length was under a minute. Their entire set was 12 minutes. Around this time I was also recording Zdrastvootie where their average song length at justice the time was 12 minutes. Andrew Carnegie. It got me thinking again about a theory Karlheinz Stockhausen postulated, that I saw him present in a videotaped lecture he gave around 1970, probably taking lots of acid or so I've heard, where he talked about experimenting with highly modified tape recorders in the 1950's, where he could speed up or slow down the tape by 1000's of times, and he learned that if he could loop a tape recording and originality, play it at 1000 times it's normal speed, as he increased the speed of the tape deck to andrew essay, that speed, initially the obvious change of the sound on the tape would be that it transposed to a higher pitch. But after the speed of playback reached a certain point, the sound was no longer discernable as a pitched up version of the original sound, but where the percussive aspects of the originality essay, original sound, when condensed to the radically altered time period, instead became the 'texture' or timbre of the new sound. This concrete relationship between 'composition' and 'timbre', that they are one and the same only distinguished by carnegie philanthropy essay their manifestation over biomass gasification thesis, time, was a revelation to me.

It is a phenomenon that anyone who has worked with analog modular synthesizers has experienced. It also is the essay, best explanation of the originality essay, relevance of essay, sound design and creative engineering, that the thesis, texture of the sounds present in a performance/recording are as relevant as the notes and amplitudes that are performed. Noah Lacono is in my opinion one of the legends of Santa Cruz indie rock. I've heard he's a paranoid schizophrenic. He's famous for carnegie essay his extreme laziness/apathy, and inability to song, have a conversation. But when he gets on philanthropy stage, he is write without question the coolest, most confident guy in whatever band he's in. Justin lived at the Brommer House with Richard and Tony. Andrew. This year Justin decided to have the first annual 'Brommer Spring Formal'. It was a party that you had to dress up for, but for most of the attendees drunkenness was sure to ensue. Gasification Thesis. I remember most of the people that showed up were people that worked with Justin at the dining hall. I had awkward relations with a number of these people so it was intimidating for me to andrew philanthropy essay, come, but I think I went with Brian Anderson.

This band is the 'Bone Rangers'. They were all Philosophy majors. A Essay. It was more or less a tongue-in-cheek 'butt-rock' band, with a trombone instead of a bass guitar. Tono (on the left) was the leader and a highly skilled guitar player. He was/is a good friend of mine. That year I recorded his band on philanthropy my 8-track in the Stevenson lounge which is a essay this big room with high ceilings and good acoustics. It turned out suprisingly well considering it was my first ever multitrack band recording and I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

We did the whole recording in like 5 hours and Tono had only andrew carnegie essay had 3 hours of sleep and was turning out essay perfect write these massive metal guitar riffs. Incredible work ethic. They practiced in the Cowell Practic Room, underneath the Cowell dining hall, like a number of bands. Tono's mother is Irish and his father is Mexican. He has gone on to become a philosophy professor. Mike May, after a Subtle Oak Complexity practice session in the aforementioned practice space. Mike, Brian, Richard, Justin. Chris G and Joe of Exploding Crustaceans at a Saturn Cafe show. Michael Piemani and Noel Harmonson at a Saturn cafe show.

Kill Rock Stars (famous indie record label) had a showcase at the Stevenson Rec Room. Slim Moon (KRS' leader) even came and performed. The girls on the right are Rosy Nolan and Julia Fernandez of the andrew philanthropy essay, riot-grrl band Cherry Ames, whom I would later record an write album for. The guy on the left is their drummer, Dan Wooldridge. This band is the Virgin Marys. The guitar player is Josh Brown, then a Freshman. The drummer is Matt, Josh's younger brother, who was still in high school. Matt came to join Josh at andrew carnegie philanthropy essay UCSC. Hate Mail Express at the Porter Soundbox. Tracy + The Plastics was a one girl show from Olympia.

I think this was the first show of army, Lady Finghas and Laura Lymes. Joel Gion had been in this band 'Brian Jonestown Massacre' and worked at Streetlight Records. He was one of the few Streetlight employees that was nice to squares. Roots of Orchis. I loved taking photos at andrew essay the Santa Cruz Diner. I arranged the chairs for this photograph.

Jeff Kimmich was this really dreamy guy who supposedly took cough medicine on a regular basis. He had a band with Dan Wooldridge and Jed Learned called 'Motor Over Motet' that I really loved. Jeff occupied a sense of mystery better than any performer in the Santa Cruz indie scene. At the end of the year it was decided I was to move into the Brommer House after the justice annotated bibliography, summer. Andrew Carnegie Essay. I practically moved in at the end of the school year by recording two albums there at biomass thesis the same time. I recorded Justin's new band, The Sucks, which was actually a reprise of a band he had with Richard in essay, high school.

I recorded Cherry Ames. The Cherry Ames record actually got recorded at the Brommer House, the Crunk House, and Rosy's apartment. I capped off the perfect, year by hanging out with The Sucks.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
Andrew Carnegie philanthropist Flashcards | Quizlet

20 Time-Saving Grading Apps That Teachers Love. No doubt all our readers in andrew carnegie essay, the education field are well aware of the explosion of iPads and tablets in the classroom and their ability to make learning easier and more interactive. But we suspect at least some of you are still reluctant to turn the new tech loose on grading, an area where you could be needlessly wasting hours assessing students with an antiquated system. Criminal Justice Annotated. We know change can be daunting, but we promise that within this list of apps teachers love, you#8217;ll find something you love, too. If you#8217;re a teacher who#8217;s been hanging on to a hard-copy gradebook, this app is your invitation to see what all the fuss over carnegie grading apps is essay about. For $10 the app comes packed with features like automatic grade calculation, status report notification emails for students or parents, attendance reports on PDF, and andrew carnegie philanthropy essay, more. Teacher#8217;s Assistant Pro: Track Student Behavior:

For elementary teachers, this app is a great option for justice annotated bibliography recording behavior infractions and philanthropy essay, easily contacting parents and administrators with all the carbon sequestration thesis outline details if need be. Tardiness, forgetting books, being disruptive, all this and more will never go unrecorded or unpunished again. Ah, the dreaded essay. We#8217;re not teachers, but we have to andrew philanthropy essay assume the army essayons joy you get out of torturing kids with essay assignments has to be somewhat tampered by andrew carnegie essay, having to grade them. iAnnotate takes the pain out of it, letting you ink, highlight, underline, stamp, make notes, and essayons, more on andrew carnegie essay a PDF version of your kids#8217; essays via your iPad. For an app specifically designed for grading essays, try … Essay Grader. The standout feature is the wide variety of originality essay, stock comments, including praise, grammar and style critiques, and organization and documentation notes it comes loaded with.

Or you can import your own customized database of your own patented phrases, so you can pick one and go. Not every assignment is as easily graded as making a check or X mark on each number. Tasks like oral presentations have to be graded on the fly, and that#8217;s where this app shines. Use sliders to add or subtract points during a speech on things like delivery and tone, then let the app add the scores. It even lets you record video for playback later if you want to review the performance before assigning a grade. Like A+ Grade Calculator for Android (see below), Groovy Grader is a simple, no-charge app for inputting the number of quiz or test questions and getting back a chart of scores based on the number missed.

The iPhone version can handle 150 questions and the iPad 300, but both get the carnegie philanthropy helpful ability to carbon either round off numbers or display them with either one or two decimal places. Grades are just a part of this app that#8217;s like a social network for teachers and students. Carnegie Philanthropy Essay. If it would save you time to thesis have an easy way to carnegie philanthropy essay communicate with students about their grades, send them assignments, and criminal topics, hear back from them on what they need help on, this free app is philanthropy worth a look. We have to dock some points for the high cost ($31), but if you#8217;re serious about a grading app this is originality essay one to consider. It will give you suggestions for mid-term and final grades, know based on your calendar what you#8217;re teaching when and adapt accordingly, and of course keep copious grade and attendance records.

Anything you used to do with your grades on andrew a spreadsheet program — compiling averages, producing class reports for write the principal, using weighted formulas to andrew philanthropy essay determine grades — you can now do quickly and easily on your iDevice, be it an iPhone or iPad. Carbon Thesis Outline. It#8217;s got a downright iClunky title, but iTeacherBook is a scheduling, attendance tracker, assignment allocator, and grade recorder and reporter all rolled into one. Andrew Carnegie Essay. For $5 and compatibility with both iPhone and iPad, you can#8217;t go wrong. Winner of 2011#8217;s Best App Ever award in the teacher category, Teacher Aide Pro can handle 90 students per class and makes communicating with students a cinch via text, mass emailing, and CSV compatibility. This version runs $8 but the carbon sequestration thesis outline lite version is free. The self-proclaimed #8220;smart app for busy teachers#8221; (redundant, are we right?), Teacher#8217;s Pet has a solid if somewhat quirky array of features, like the ability to record a student#8217;s attitude with just the right emoticon. But with a clean interface, calendar integration, and add-ons like student photo uploading for easy recognition, this app#8217;s well worth the $1.99. The developer claims a Boston high school math teacher said (s)he saves 80 minutes a week in grading time thanks to this free app. That alone is reason enough to carnegie philanthropy essay take a flyer on it. Socrative Learner requires each student has the tech to biomass gasification thesis run the app, but it turns multiple choice, true false, and #8220;quick quiz#8221; answers digital for instantaneous grading.

On multi-page exams, many teachers find it necessary to write the number of points deducted per andrew essay page at the bottom of each page, then they have to sequestration go back through at the end to add it all up. Streamline that process with Grade Ticker, which lets you see what you#8217;ve deducted as you go and adds it all up for you at the end. There may be a bit of essay, a learning curve before you get the hang of this app, but once you do you#8217;ll appreciate its customizability and intuitiveness. Break grades down into homework, classwork, test, participation, or other divisions, track attendance, and sequestration, even get reminders of students#8217; birthdays. We#8217;re sure you know that shaving just seconds off the grade time per test adds up to hours by essay, the end of the school year, hours of your life you#8217;ll never get back.

Protect the gasification thesis time you have left with this app that lets you input the andrew carnegie number of thesis, questions and carnegie philanthropy essay, see percentage and letter grades. The developer obviously didn#8217;t sink too much time into naming this bad boy, or into creating this hilariously brief user guide. No matter. Here#8217;s what you need to know: you can use it to create grade point systems, it works, and it#8217;s free. A Essay. It#8217;s not strictly a grading app, but if you#8217;re going to be saving a lot of graded papers and tests it will be nice to be able to access them from anywhere. Also available on iTunes, Dropbox for Android is a free service that lets you upload 2 GBs worth of data for retrieval from essay any device with the app. For a standalone attendance tracker, this app is a clean solution. Present, late, and absent students can be seen at a glance with color-coded labels for each.

And if you make the list a Google Spreadsheet at the start of the semester, at the end of the year just check it through Google Docs and Attendance will have calculated all tardies and absences for you automatically. It requires a free blog with UK site PrimaryBlogger, but teachers #8216;cross the perfect pond are loving Classdroid. It lets them take a picture of a student#8217;s work, grade it, and upload it to the web for the students and their parents to view. It may not save time in andrew essay, the actual process of justice annotated topics, grading, but it could prevent many of your time-sucking parent-teacher conferences by essay, improving kids#8217; grades.

Custom Essay Order -
Andrew Carnegie – Carnegie Medal of Philanthropy

Quick Guide Pictures of the andrew philanthropy essay, 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form) Medically Reviewed by Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD. Nine people drown per day in the U.S. That's the average. It does not even include drownings from boat accidents. Write? According to the CDC(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), drowning rates have declined over the years, but drowning is still the second leading cause of andrew carnegie philanthropy essay injury-related deaths of biomass children. While most drownings of infants under a year of age occur in bathtubs, buckets, or toilets, most drownings of children 1-4 years of age occur in residential swimming pools. Philanthropy? The facts surrounding the drownings of young children in residential pools can send a chill down any parent's spine:

Most children who drowned in pools were last seen in the home. Most young children who drowned in pools had been out of army sight for less than five minutes. Carnegie Philanthropy? The majority of children who drowned in pools were in the care of one or both parents at the time. If you have a pool at home, be sure it is as safe as possible. Never, ever, leave a child unsupervised in or near a pool.

The American Red Cross recommends the following steps to maximize the safety of essay perfect home swimming pools. Breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly, and crawl (freestyle) are the carnegie, most popular swim strokes. The breaststroke and butterfly are more difficult to learn than the backstroke and crawl. The breaststroke involves exquisite timing, and in fact, you can be disqualified from a essay about, competition if you miss even one stroke. The stroke involves form that causes your body to bob up and down as you glide forward through the andrew philanthropy, water. This is a difficult stroke and not one to choose if you're just learning how to swim. The basics are that your arms pull, you breathe, you kick (arms alternate with the kick), and you glide.

Here are details. Bring the essay, knees to chest. Thrust the legs backward and straight. Snap the legs together to push the water and propel you forward (frog kick). Start with the arms overhead. Pull on the water, and bring arms toward the chest. Keep the hands cupped. Return arms to carnegie essay starting position. Breathe every time you stroke with your arms. Like the breaststroke, this is a difficult stroke and justice annotated bibliography topics, not recommended for carnegie beginners because it requires perfect timing and a good deal of strength.

During the perfect write, stroke, the andrew carnegie philanthropy essay, legs move together in a dolphin kick (imagine a mermaid), the arms move together to push the water downward and army, backward, and the torso undulates like an earthworm as the body moves forward through the water. Bend the knees slightly, and keep them together. Make a downward thrust by straightening the knees and whipping the feet downward. There should be two kicks for every arm stroke. Move the arms together, and pull through the water with the hands cupped. Face the palms outward, and press down and outward.

Swing the andrew carnegie philanthropy, arms forward above the water in army a sweeping motion to complete the stroke. Breathe at the end of the arm stroke. The backstroke is andrew essay, easier than the essayons, butterfly or breaststroke and andrew philanthropy essay, similar to the crawl in that you use an alternate windmill arm stroke and flutter kick. Two keys to a essay pizza a proper backstroke are that your arms move with equal strength, otherwise you will swim off to one side, and that your body rolls from side to side so that your arms catch enough water to propel you forward. Is a flutter kick where the legs kick in an alternating order. Bend the knees slightly. Philanthropy? Relax the feet and ankles (they should be almost floppy). Emphasize the up-kick for propulsion. Move the arms in an alternating, windmill pattern as they rotate and pass your face.

Cup the army essayons, hands, and the thumb leaves the water first. Move the hands in an S pattern when they are pushing the water. Keep your head back and eyes toward the carnegie philanthropy essay, ceiling. You can find your own breathing pattern with the backstroke because the breathing is less coordinated with the arms and kick than other strokes since your head should always be out of the water. This is the most popular stroke and essay, the easiest for beginners to learn. It is a simple flutter kick and windmill arm motion, like the carnegie, backstroke, only on your belly.

The most difficult part is coordinating the breathing since your face is in the water most of the time. It's a flutter kick where the outline, legs kick in andrew an alternating order. Bend the knees slightly. Originality Essay? Relax the feet and ankles (the should be almost floppy). Emphasize the down-kick for propulsion.

Move the arms in an alternating windmill motion. Andrew Essay? Pull each arm through the water with equal strength and arm reach to ensure that you swim straight. Pull arms underwater in an S pattern. Cup the hands but keep the wrist and hand relaxed during recovery. Raise one arm to begin the stroke. As the shoulder rises, turn the head to catch a breath. Biomass Gasification? Turn the head only enough to leave the andrew philanthropy, water to breathe. Do not lift the head because it will slow you down. Take as many breaths as necessary and then exhale through the nose and mouth when the head returns to justice annotated bibliography topics the water. Repeat the head turn to the other side in carnegie essay coordination with the justice topics, beginning of the opposite carnegie philanthropy essay, arm stroke.

The freestyle flip turn (when swimming the crawl) There are a couple of options for turning around when you reach the wall during lap swimming. Bibliography? You can simply touch the philanthropy essay, wall and turn around and gasification thesis, start swimming again or you can do a flip turn. The flip turn is essentially a somersault in the water where you flip and turn and use your legs to power-kick off the wall. The flip turn, when completed properly, is fast, efficient, and time-saving. If you've ever watched Olympic swimming, you see the swimmers gracefully execute their flip turns. Here are the basics. Start the carnegie, somersault before reaching the wall by tucking the chin and essayons song, pulling the knees into a tuck position.

Blow out air to avoid inhaling water. Straighten out the body-tuck halfway through the flip and andrew essay, extend the legs toward the biomass gasification, wall. You will be on your back at this point. Carnegie Essay? Push off the wall. Roll over onto the belly and glide toward the surface of the water.

Hold the glide until you break the surface of the water, and then start stroking immediately. The flip turn takes practice, but with consistent work, you can master it. It's worth trying if you swim laps for exercise. What equipment do I need for criminal justice annotated topics swimming? You'll need a swimsuit unless you plan on skinny-dipping! Like many other things, technology has entered the swimsuit arena as well. Andrew Carnegie Philanthropy? Fabrics are designed for minimal resistance through the water, they tend to last a long time, and they resist fading even when used repeatedly in chlorinated pools.

Of course, not all of us would be comfortable in the skimpy racing suits that you see Olympians wear, but the good news is that you can find more modest suits at sporting goods and department stores as well as through a number of online vendors (see the resources section). Comfort is the most important quality in selecting a swimsuit. You're less likely to swim if you're uncomfortable in your suit. Goggles protect your eyes from chlorine (and anything else that may be in the water), and a essay, they help you keep your eyes open while you swim so that you can see where you're going. You can even get prescription swim goggles if you wear glasses (check with your optician for availability). To find the right pair of goggles, do the following: Put the goggles over your eyes without slinging the andrew carnegie philanthropy, strap over your head. Press the goggles into your eye sockets and let go.

The goggles should stay in place. Experiment until you find the pair that fits your eyes best. Bathing caps can serve several purposes. Some pool managers will require individuals with long hair to wear caps to keep hair from biomass thesis, getting into the pool, and some people just like to protect their hair from the chlorine in the water. You may also decide to wear a bathing cap to cut down on resistance in the water. This really works, and so if you're looking to increase your time a bit, a bathing cap might help. Many caps are made of carnegie philanthropy essay latex, although you can find silicone, neoprene (keeps you warm), and Lycra as well.

Choose the one that fits your head and is most comfortable. Flotation devices and other equipment. There are a number of gasification flotation devices and other equipment available to help you learn how to swim, improve your swimming times if you start to get competitive, and add resistance to your water workouts to build muscular strength and tone. Flotation devices help keep you afloat so that you can slow down and work on your swim stroke without sinking or causing too much fatigue, and they help with confidence for individuals who don't know how to swim. Read on to learn more about andrew carnegie, floatation devices. Kickboards are devices made of carbon thesis outline foam or other materials that float, and they come in a variety of andrew carnegie shapes and sizes.

The main purpose is for you to hold on and stay afloat while your legs do all the work. Annotated Topics? It's good exercise for coordinating your kicking, and andrew carnegie essay, it gives your arms a rest. One technique that I suggest to swimmers who want to keep swimming continuously without a break is to leave a kickboard at carbon sequestration, the end of the pool, and when they get tired, grab the kickboard and do a lap or two with it until they get their arm strength back, and then drop the andrew carnegie philanthropy essay, kickboard off at the end of the pool and swim again until they need the kickboard again. Many pools have kickboards available to try out. Like kickboards, pull buoys are flotation devices that come in a variety of thesis shapes and sizes, but unlike a kickboard, which gives the upper body a rest, pull buoys are placed between the legs to keep the legs afloat without kicking so that you can work your upper body. Pull buoys are excellent training devices for building upper-body strength, endurance, and cardiorespiratory fitness. They can also help you work on your form because you can swim slowly and deliberately without sinking. Fins fit on your feet and add propulsion to your kicks (think of a duck's webfoot). They are great training for your legs and will help you swim faster. They come in long fins for beginners who want to andrew essay work on their stroke and build up leg strength and ankle flexibility and short fins to help you go faster without overworking your legs.

Fins should fit snugly but not so tight that they cut into your foot or cut off circulation. Wear socks with your fins if that feels more comfortable. Hand paddles attach to your hands and add propulsion to your arm stroke because they move more water. They can be a lot of thesis work for the arms and shoulders because of the resistance in the water, and for this reason, they are used in water aerobic classes to philanthropy essay mimic the resistance exercises that you do on land with dumbbells (for example, biceps curls). Hand paddles make a water workout difficult, and so you should warm up in the water without them first, and then build up slowly like you would with any resistance exercise workout so that you don't overwork your arms and shoulder joints. Gloves, like hand paddles, also add resistance for your arms, although they are smaller than paddles and so the resistance is lighter. These might be a better choice than paddles if you're just starting out with resistance exercises in the water. Some manufacturers produce dumbbells made of foam for use in the water. They add resistance like paddles or gloves, but you can release them quickly after a set and then grab them again when you're ready. Water creates lots of resistance, and so water dumbbells will make you stronger if you use them consistently.

They're fun! A noodle is a flexible, tube-shaped flotation device that you can wrap under your arms or around your waist to a essay keep you buoyant so that you can keep moving in the water (kids love to play with them). The advantage of being able to keep moving is that you can work on your stroke without fatigue and increase your strength and andrew philanthropy, endurance. Aqua jogger is a flotation device that you wear like a belt. Essay Perfect? Like a noodle, it permits you to andrew keep on moving without fatigue, so that you can work on your stroke as well as your strength and aerobic fitness, but it's more heavy-duty than a noodle and will accommodate heavier people and create more resistance. Aqua joggers also allow you to participate in water aerobic classes and water running without having to know how to swim or break frequently. Did you read that right? Yep, water treadmill. There are two types.

One is a device that you install in army song your pool that works with a propeller to andrew create a current of water that you swim in place against essay, (okay, it's not really a treadmill, but you do swim in place). This type is a great training aid and is also used for rehabilitation, but it is essay, very expensive, depending on the model and whether you have it installed when your pool is being built or in an existing pool. The other type is about, a treadmill that is designed for use in water. You walk on it just like any land-based treadmill, only there is philanthropy essay, less strain on originality essay your joints because of the water. This type of andrew carnegie essay treadmill is frequently used in rehabilitation.

See the resources section or search online for water treadmill to learn more. There is essayons song, one other option for swimming in place, and it's inexpensive. Swim stretch cords attach to the side of a pool and to your body so you can swim without going anywhere, or they come with a drag belt (sort of like a mini-parachute) that catches water as you swim and drag it behind you. Andrew Philanthropy? Both are fine options for getting a great workout. Quick Guide Pictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form) What are the benefits of swimming?

There are plenty of reasons to perfect write swim! Here's a list that should get you motivated. There's no ground impact when you swim, and so you protect the philanthropy, joints from stress and strain. In fact, the Arthritis Foundation strongly recommends swimming and water activities for a essay pizza this reason, so much so that they sponsor water classes all over the country (check http://www.arthritis.org for information). Water aerobics classes are also desirable for this reason, because even if you do jump and andrew, hit the bottom of the biomass thesis, pool, you do so with less force because you're buoyant in the water. Not only that, but if you wear or hold a flotation device during a water aerobics class, the impact is even less. Because there's no impact with swimming, it can be continued for a lifetime. If you check the United States Masters Swimming (http://www.usms.org/) Web site for age categories of philanthropy essay their swim competitions, you will find a 100- to 104-year-old age group!

And the perfect, master of fitness, Jack La Lanne, who died in 2011, reportedly still swam one hour every day at age 93! Swimming improves endurance. Andrew Carnegie? In one study of sedentary middle-aged men and women who did swim training for 12 weeks, maximal oxygen consumption improved 10% and stroke volume (the amount of essay blood pumped with each beat which indicates heart strength) improved as much as 18%. In a study of men who completed an eight-week swimming program, there was a 23.8% increase in the triceps muscle (the back of the arm). My take on andrew philanthropy muscle mass and swimming is that if you have been doing no resistance exercise at all and you start to swim, you will certainly get more toned and you may even gain mass like the men in this study. But even without the about, gain in andrew essay mass, it's well worth the strength and tone that you will almost certainly gain. When athletes are injured, particularly in the lower extremities, they are frequently told to swim to maintain their fitness level. Essayons Song? Swimming helps them stay in philanthropy essay shape, and it's even part of the rehabilitation. That's because the essay perfect, resistance of the water makes the essay, muscles work hard without the strain or impact that is experienced on land. There's nothing like it during the hot days of summer, whether it's at perfect, the beach or in the pool.

It's relaxing, the andrew philanthropy, movements are smooth and rhythmic, and it's a great workout. Swimming and other water activities are something the entire family can share. With rising levels of obesity in essayons children as well as adults in the United States, family physical activities and philanthropy essay, good role-modeling may be one way to stem the epidemic of inactivity and obesity facing our nation. Swimming burns lots of essay calories, anywhere from 500-650 per hour depending on andrew carnegie essay how efficiently you swim (you burn more flopping around than swimming cleanly!) and how buoyant you are (the more body fat you have, the carbon thesis outline, more you float and the fewer calories it takes to swim). Very early and original research on andrew carnegie swimming and calorie expenditure showed that swimming, regardless of the stroke, burned about 89% of the calories burned during running and 97% of the calories burned during cycling for the same time period. Stated another way, swimming burns about 11% fewer calories than running but only 3% fewer calories than biking. One important caveat about this data is that calorie expenditure is dependent on the intensity of exercise, and essay, so it's entirely possible to burn more calories swimming than running in the same period of time as long as you swim hard enough, and carnegie philanthropy essay, particularly so if compared to running at light intensity. How do I get started with swimming? Take a lesson if you don't know how to swim!

It's never too late to learn. About Pizza? Your local recreation center, Y, fitness center, or senior center might have a pool, and if they do, chances are they offer swim lessons (plus, if it's indoors, you can swim all year long!). You may have the choice of group or private lessons. Opt for a private lesson if you have a strong fear of the water and feel you need special attention, otherwise a group lesson will work just fine. A qualified swim instructor will have some type of andrew philanthropy essay certification (for example, the American Red Cross-certified lifeguard and swim instructor) and will be willing to speak with you before you get started to explain how things work. Adults generally need one hour for beginning sessions, but that may vary based on justice bibliography your health and fitness level (children younger than 6 years of age need 15-30 minutes and 6- to philanthropy 12-year-olds need 30-45 minutes).

The instructor should use kickboards, float belts, or other flotation devices to justice bibliography topics assist you if necessary, and andrew essay, they should be sensitive to any fear of the water you might have. When you first start, you should expect to learn breathing and stroke techniques separately, and then the instructor will integrate your lessons as you get more comfortable and skilled. You might start in justice bibliography topics the shallow end where you can stand and work on breathing techniques, by the side of the pool and hold on while you kick, or perhaps hold on to a kickboard and kick across the pool to work on kicking strokes. Depending on your skill and andrew carnegie essay, comfort in the water, you might move quickly to a float belt or other flotation device and start working on your arm strokes and gasification, coordinating them with kicking. Your instructor will know how quickly to progress.

What if I already know how to swim? That's easy! Join a local pool and get started. Swimming is a tough activity and even if you've been working out for years running and carnegie essay, biking and using the elliptical, you may be surprised by how much endurance swimming requires. If that's the case, then it's probably due to a essay about poor stroke and essay, breathing technique (swallowing water will slow you down every time!), which is to be expected if it has been years since you last swam.

But it will come back with practice. One way to get started is to pace yourself with intervals. Gasification Thesis? By that I mean swim for five to 10 minutes, or as long as you can manage without stopping, take a breather, then get right back to it and swim again until you need another break, and then go again. Or you could do as I suggested earlier with kickboards by andrew carnegie essay, leaving it on the pool deck and swimming until you're tired, but instead of stopping, pick up the annotated topics, board and continue to kick. Or you could use a float belt or similar device to help you float so that you can continue to swim or slow down to work on technique. Be creative! Whatever method you choose to get back into it, swim consistently, and in carnegie essay just a matter of weeks, your fitness for swimming will improve. Quick Guide Pictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to gasification Improve Form) Are there swimming organizations that I can join? Check your local pool to carnegie philanthropy essay see if they have a club that you can join. You can also check out United States Masters Swimming (http://www.usms.org/), a national, nonprofit organization with 500 clubs in 53 regions throughout the essayons, United States that organizes workouts, competitions, clinics, and workshops for adults ages 18 and over, with members as old as 100!

Can my young child start swimming? There are many clubs and pools that offer swim lessons for infants and children, but parents should be cautious. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), a medical organization of 55,000 primary care pediatricians and pediatric medical specialists that sets guidelines for andrew carnegie philanthropy pediatric health in the United States, states that children are not developmentally ready for formal swimming lessons until after their fourth birthday. According to the AAP and its policy statement Swimming Programs for annotated bibliography topics Infants and Toddlers, drowning is a leading cause of essay unintentional injury and death in the pediatric age group and that drowning rates are highest among toddlers ages 1 to 2 years of age. They note that while an estimated 5-10 million infants and write, preschool children participate in aquatic programs, these should not be promoted as a way to decrease the risk of philanthropy essay drowning. They emphasize that parents should not feel secure that their child is about, safe in andrew carnegie philanthropy water or safe from drowning after participating in essay an aquatic program.

Ultimately, the conclusion is andrew carnegie, that, Whenever infants and essay perfect write, toddlers are in or around water, an adult should be within an arm's length, providing 'touch supervision.' Triathlons combine swimming, running, and biking into one big event. Distances for each event vary with six-mile runs up to full marathons, 25- to 100-mile bike rides, and andrew carnegie essay, half-mile lake, river, or pool swims to two-mile ocean swims. Triathlons are growing in popularity across the United States and combine the athletic challenges of strength, endurance, determination, and discipline. Check out the USA Triathlon Web site at http://www.usatriathlon.org/ to learn more about triathlons. What about pizza, swimming with disabilities? Water is a great equalizer.

It supports body weight, and with proper flotation devices, most anyone can exercise in the water no matter what the physical disability. Check locally at essay, Y's, recreation centers, and other pools for gasification opportunities in your area, or click on the USA Swimming Web site (http://www.usaswimming.org/) to learn more (click on the swimmer tab and andrew carnegie essay, then disability). In addition to recreational swimming, the United States Paralympics Swim Team offers athletes with disabilities (amputees, blind/visually impaired, spinal-cord injured/wheelchair, cerebral palsy/brain injury/stroke) the opportunity to carbon sequestration thesis compete internationally in swimming. Swimming is an activity for virtually anyone who has the essay, will and desire to do so. There you have it.

Swimming is an activity that builds strength, endurance, and muscle tone. It's an activity that you can do all year long, inside or outside, burning lots of calories. You can share it with your family, it's low-impact (just in case your bones are creaky), and you can do it until you're 100! It's not too late to start if you never learned how (learning new stuff is thesis outline, cool even when you're adult!), and for those of you who can swim and would like to compete, that's available as well. All in all, swimming is a winner, and if you have the inclination, I suggest that you go for it! What resources are available to people interested in swimming?

http://www.ymca.net/ (Click on aquatics to learn more about carnegie philanthropy essay, infant-parent classes, preschool classes, classes for people with disabilities, classes for teens, and competitive swimming for people 18 and over.) http://www.arthritis.org/ (Check for water classes in army essayons your area.) Medically reviewed by Avrom Simon, MD; Board Certified Preventative Medicine with Subspecialty in Occupational Medicine. http://www.olympic.org/uk/athletes/profiles/bio_uk.asp?PAR_I_ID=50419 July 23, 2007. http://www.aap.org/advocacy/archives/aprswim.htm July 27, 2007. http://www.jacklalanne.com/ July 26, 2007. Encyclopedia of andrew Traditional British Rural Sports , Routledge; first edition, August 9, 2005, pp 255-6. Holmér, I. Oxygen uptake during swimming in man. J Appl Physiol . 1972 Oct;33(4):502-9.

Lavoie, J.M., et al. Skeletal muscle fibre size adaptation to an eight-week swimming programme. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol . 1980;44(2):161-5. Martin, W.H., et al. Criminal Bibliography Topics? Cardiovascular adaptations to intense swim training in sedentary middle-aged men and women. Carnegie Essay? Circulation . Pizza? 1987 Feb;75(2):323-30. Pediatrics , Vol. 105 No. 4, April 2000, pp. 868-870.

U.S. Andrew Carnegie? Bureau of the pizza, Census. Statistical abstract of the United States: 1995. 115th ed. Washington, DC: U.S. Bureau of the Census, 1995. Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter. By clicking Submit, I agree to essay the MedicineNet's Terms Conditions Privacy Policy and about, understand that I may opt out of MedicineNet's subscriptions at any time.

http://www.olympic.org/uk/athletes/profiles/bio_uk.asp?PAR_I_ID=50419 July 23, 2007. http://www.aap.org/advocacy/archives/aprswim.htm July 27, 2007. http://www.jacklalanne.com/ July 26, 2007. Encyclopedia of Traditional British Rural Sports , Routledge; first edition, August 9, 2005, pp 255-6. Holmér, I. Oxygen uptake during swimming in man. J Appl Physiol . Philanthropy? 1972 Oct;33(4):502-9. Lavoie, J.M., et al. Skeletal muscle fibre size adaptation to an eight-week swimming programme. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol . 1980;44(2):161-5. Martin, W.H., et al.

Cardiovascular adaptations to intense swim training in sedentary middle-aged men and carbon thesis, women. Circulation . Carnegie Philanthropy? 1987 Feb;75(2):323-30. Pediatrics , Vol. 105 No. 4, April 2000, pp. 868-870. U.S. Bureau of the Census. Statistical abstract of the essay perfect, United States: 1995. 115th ed. Andrew Philanthropy Essay? Washington, DC: U.S.

Bureau of the Census, 1995. Pictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to originality essay Improve Form) See how to properly perform seven exercises including squats, lunges, crunches, and the bend-over row. Good technique is a must for effective and safe workouts. Read more: Pictures of the carnegie philanthropy, 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form) Protect Your Eyesight Warning Signs of Common Eye Conditions.

Migraine or Headache What's the Difference? Psoriasis See What It Looks Like and How to Treat It. Health Solutions From Our Sponsors. 1996-2017 MedicineNet, Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of originality essay Use.

MedicineNet does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional information.